Home Chocolate Fantasy Time Well Spent Mini-Grant Program
Works in Progress
Supporting women and girls throughout central Minnesota
Works in Progress was founded in 1995 by women business leaders who believed in life-long learning and leadership through educational programs and mentorship.
The goal of the mini-grant program is to support women and girls in achieving their dreams and becoming leaders of the future.
Awarded grants are typically utilized to help develop skills, build confidence and to foster a connection with community mentors.
Eligible mini-grant examples include attending a summer language camp, participating in an entrepreneurial leadership retreat, purchasing materials and supplies to create a community art project, and attending a certification course.
· Grants are small, usually $100 to $500. No repayment is expected, although it is hoped that recipients will “pay forward” their experience by mentoring others as part of their future endeavors.
· Grants will fund one-time only projects or classes.
· Grants are designed to encourage entrepreneurship and leadership development as well as to build confidence.
Any woman of any age within central Minnesota is eligible to apply for the Works in Progress Mini-Grant. Central Minnesota is defined as a 100-mile radius of St. Cloud, Minnesota.
1. Applications can be submitted online at www.worksinprogress.org or printed and mailed to: Works in Progress, Inc., P.O. Box 282, Sauk Rapids, MN 56379.
2. Applicants will receive notification of decision within 30 days of submission.
3. Funds awarded will be sent within 20 days of notification of approval.
4. A final impact report listing results of the project is required within 30 days of completion of the project.
· Applications must be complete and should not exceed three pages.
· Young women, under the age of 18, must have an adult mentor involved in their project.
· Grant money will be made payable to the training provider, organization or camp, not to the grantee.
· Grant selection is based on answers to application questions and on recommendations supplied by applicants.
Works in Progress, Inc.
|Link to Mini-Grant Program Application|